"Can Invisalign Help Me Get Straighter Teeth?"
Having a stunning smile is more than just the luck of the draw. Careful maintenance of your teeth through brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash is just the beginning. While some people are lucky enough to be blessed by genetics with a perfect smile, most people have to take a few steps to get there. Those who have a misaligned smile often fear they have to wear braces, but that doesn’t have to be the case. Invisalign provides a comfortable, almost invisible method of correcting your smile without unsightly metal orthodontics.
Benefits Of Invisalign
Invisalign teeth aligners are an orthodontic device that provides most of the benefits of regular braces without the unsightly wires and mountings. While other clear aligner providers are available, Invisalign is the industry standard and is largely considered the most effective and reliable.
Easy to Clean
Invisalign is often a better alternative to traditional braces simply because they are removable, allowing you to brush and floss as you normally would. Traditional braces make it easy for food and bacteria to get trapped and can be the cause of poor oral hygiene.
Invisalign can also help people who grind their teeth at night, effectively realigning the upper and lower jaws and people who have TMJ Disorder.
The Invisalign Process and What To Expect
Your First Appointment
- During the consultation, we will go over the treatment plan and take photographs.
- We will take the necessary X-rays to make sure that your teeth are in healthy condition to proceed in tooth movement.
- We’ll take impressions and scans to send to our dental lab.
Your Second Appointment
- We will review the software rendering of your teeth by Invisalign.
- If approved, we will have the trays ordered and created.
Your Third Appointment
- You will come in to have your first aligner fitted. If needed, we will add attachments to your teeth to make sure that the aligners are tracking properly.
- We will give you several weeks of trays (we can consult with you on this). The trays should be changed every 7-10 days for a total of 20-22 hours daily.
Your Follow-up Appointments
You should check in with our Dunwin Dental office every couple of months to make sure your progress is moving along correctly. Depending on your treatment plan, the entire process can take 6 months to 12 months.
Invisalign Care and Success Tips
- Patients who wear the aligners as instructed and take proper care of their teeth can see results in as little as ten months.
- Inconsistent use or complicated cases may have to wait to reach their final goal for up to two years.
- Consistent use and the severity of your case are the biggest determiners in how long it will take to work.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign teeth aligners are an orthodontic device that provides most of the benefits of regular braces, without the unsightly wires and mountings. This treatment involves the use of a series of transparent plastic trays, Invisalign is worn for 22 hours out of any given day. While worn, they apply gentle pressure to your teeth that help to adjust their alignment and create that beautiful smile you desire. While other clear aligner providers are available, Invisalign is the industry standard and is largely considered the most effective and reliable.